Learning Management System Operations Specialist
Aspen Search Group is currently searching for a Learning Management System (LMS) Operations Specialist for a long-term contract position located in Auburn Hills. This position is primarily responsible for providing support to the System Administrator of the college’s Learning Management System (LMS).
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Knowledge of LMS administrative control panel and ability to use it to configure all core functionality of the college’s LMS, including role definition and user management, course management, security and authentication, institutional and branding settings, and enabling / disabling global features, components and application settings as needed.
- Perform system maintenance including managing semesters, uploading courses and extracting report data.
- Manage all specialized tools in an LMS, including calendars and announcements, language packages, anti-plagiarism tools and plugins and extensions.
- Support and expand the use of advanced features of LMS including knowledge of discussion board management, group tools management, grading function, and other tools.
- Maintain news pages and settings.
Monitor and manage LMS email notifications.
- Provide second-tier support to users; assists in the troubleshooting of LMS technical issues; and works expeditiously with Manager of Online Learning Technologies and LMS vendor to resolve problems.
- Helps support the Academic Technology Group in effectively using the LMS to incorporate multimedia in the teaching and learning process.
- Document recurring issues to provide ends users and student Help Desk with FAQs to assist users and minimize support requirements.
- Draft new system requirements and training documentation for all users as functional updates require.
- Assist internal team with use of LMS including reporting, process-improvement suggestions, and troubleshooting tips.
Participate in the research, testing and validation of LMS fixes, updates, and upgrades.
- Ensure upgrades and revisions to LMS occur timely and with a minimum of disruption for users.
- Monitor use of features and advise LMS administrators of needed adjustments in process or procedure.
- Identify areas where automation can improve administrator tasks and save time.
- Assist in development of standard reports for on-going needs.
- Provide statistics about site usage and other key metrics as requested by leadership.
- Configure and customize department dashboards and site pages.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Knowledge of enterprise software application administration in an LMS or other academically relevant software environment.
- Experience with small or large software implementation projects from analysis to operational status.
- Previous experience in LMS administration in a distributed computing environment, using Desire2Learn, UCompass Educator, Blackboard, Moodle, Angel, and/or Sakai preferred.
- Working knowledge of HTML, image editing, and common courseware development tools required.
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies, web servers and web proxy servers.
- Intermediate experience working in various operating system and software environments that may include Apple and Microsoft, or similar platforms and architectures.
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with strong time management skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
Excellent organizational, consulting, and communication skills, with evidence of on-going professional development. Commitment to excellence in a team-oriented environment.
- Self-directed and capable of working on assigned tasks with limited daily supervision is a must.
Pay Rate: $20 per hour plus benefits
Please contact email@example.com for consideration.