Website Michigan Staffing
For consideration please send resume to vicky@aspen-search
A growing supplier of automotive components and systems seeking an ECU Project Engineer
Position Responsibilities: The incumbent is expected to perform the following functions that the company has determined are essential to this position:
· The Validation Engineer is responsible for the development, management, and execution of test plans, test processes, and test schedules for Body ECUs (Electronic Control units) on assigned projects.
· The Validation responsibilities will include Component (Physical, Simulation, HIL) and vehicle-level evaluations.
· Additional responsibilities may include the development and design of product environmental and EMC test plans.
· Validation Engineer will serve as a key contact person with the customer, internal evaluation teams, and external laboratories to ensure all tests are executed and results reported accordingly.
· Analyze customer and internal product requirements to develop test artifacts while ensuring all project deliverables are met promptly and provide reports to stakeholders.
· Deployment and execution of test plans in compliance with customer and federal requirements and standards.
· Investigate and document any test failures and provide feedback to project teams with assessment reports and recommendations.
· Review and reporting of all testing data and ensure traceability to test requirements.
· Support the design, development, and deployment of test infrastructure hardware and software, including but not limited to test fixtures, test harnesses, software UI’s, ECU interface boards, test setup manuals, etc.
· Support production and engineering teams in troubleshooting issues, data collection, and data analysis and report to development teams as necessary.
· Support internal and external customer meetings and reviews as required.
· Facilitate and support continuous improvement projects, validation methods, and processes as required.
· Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· 3+ years of experience in automotive systems testing and validation (Familiarity with Sunroof and Door products preferred)
· 2+ years of experience in HIL test development (Vector suite preferred – CANoe, Canalyzer, vTestStudio)
· Strong knowledge of automotive bus protocols (CAN-FD, CAN, LIN, SAEJ2602)
· Familiarity with measurement instrumentation and data acquisition tools (Vector CANape, DMM, Oscilloscopes, NI-DAQs, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work within diverse teams
· Demonstrated complex technical problem skills (Knowledge of RedX, 5 Why, Fishbone, FTA is a bonus)
· Working knowledge of the ADVP&R process
· Proficient in MS Office suite
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
· 2+ years of C/ C++ programming experience
· Experience in model development using MATLAB/ Simulink/ Stateflow or other modeling tools
· Working knowledge of automotive standards (ISO/ IEC, FMVSS, GMW3172, GMW3097)
· Basic understanding of ASPICSE, CMMI, and ISO/TS 16948 process
· Working knowledge of V-Process, Agile, etc., in development
· Knowledge of Project management tools such as Jira and Confluence is beneficial
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. (Master’s preferred)
To apply for this job please visit apply.michiganstaffing.com.